At Loughborough University sustainability is key. Through our cutting-edge research we are helping the world to tackle global warming by developing new technologies that reduce carbon emissions, preserve the earth's environment and resources, and provide clean energy for all.
一本道最新高清无码The University is internationally acclaimed for its research in the area of sustainability and is also:
- Home to the world leading CREST (Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology).
- Was chosen to host the Government’s new £1 billion national Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) to help accelerate the UK's transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Has had a hydrogen refuelling station installed at the campus, which will enable Loughborough to drive forward its research in this area, as well as provide a refuelling service to non-polluting hydrogen vehicles used by campus-based organisations.
一本道最新高清无码As an organisation we are committed to ensuring we operate in a sustainable way. We work with our own academics, and others across the sector, to ensure that innovative ideas are considered for application in the management of our own campus.
Loughborough University’s Environmental Management System (EMS) has gained accreditation to the internationally-recognised environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015 and achieved the highest possible Platinum Award in the national EcoCampus scheme.
Sustainability facts at Loughborough
- The University has saved £2.8 million on energy costs since 2009.
- The University has invested over £1 million in sustainable travel since 2010.
- Loughborough has one of the largest single-site campuses in the country at 175 hectares (433 acres) – three-quarters of which is green.
- There are more than 7,500 trees on campus - not counting those in our two ancient woodland areas.
- The campus has 40 types of wild birds including herons, buzzards, woodpeckers, pheasants and kingfishers.
- The campus apiary contains over 500,000 bees.
- Since 2013, the University has reduced carbon emissions from commuter travel on campus by 21%.
- 10% of staff have also been influenced to change their mode of travel from a car.
- In 2016/17 the University created 2020 tonnes of waste. We recycled 75% and turned 19% into energy.
Finding out more
You can read more about the University's commitment to Sustainability on the Sustainability website 一本道最新高清无码or catch them on , and .